Name: Kathryn (Katie) Elkins
Height: 5' 5''
Lives: Fort Collins, CO
I grew up very active in sports (played varsity softball and basketball). I went to Auburn University for my first 2 years of college, so I am a huge SEC football fan!
I transferred to Colorado State in Fort Collins, Colorado and am pursuing a degree in Business with a concentration in marketing.
I Love What I Do
I love to travel abroad and hope that one day, my job will involve traveling and promoting what I love, which is health and fitness.
A little more about Katie Elkins:
1. Favorite thing about working out (why do you do it)?
- I love working out, because it makes me feel great; physically, emotionally and mentally! As much as I dread getting out of the bed some mornings for cardio, I NEVER regret it when I am walking out of the gym before 7am!
2. What or who got you started working out?
- My parents had me involved in sports starting at a very young age; whether it was ballet or wrestling, I was doing it. I was first introduced to weights in middle school when I attended Velocity Sports Performance, a speed and agility program my parents had me in for basketball.
3. Role models/influences to start working out seriously?
- When I moved to Fort Collins, I walked into the gym and first person I saw was Noora Kuusivuori on the stair master. At 20 years old, I had long forgotten my dream of fitness modeling/competing until I saw her. I approached her about competing and the rest is history!
4. Favorite meal when you are getting lean?
- On show prep and on “off” season, breakfast is my favorite meal. I love my oats!
5. Favorite cheat meal?
- What don’t I love? I honestly love everything; I love food. Am I in the wrong sport? Ha! If I had to answer, it would be anything with peanut butter, chocolate and oats!
6. What are your goals in the fitness industry? If you win the FLEX Bikini Model Search, what would that mean and what would you do with the title?
- Wow, what a question. It has been my dream since I was 11 years old to be a fitness model. To set such a high bar for myself at a young age and then come full circle to accomplish that goal would be an amazing message to others out there that believing really is achieving! I love being an influence to a broad audience; whether you are 8 yeas old, 50 years old, male, female, etc. I believe anyone can do what they set their mind to. With my title, I would embrace the opportunities that arise to become the next fitness inspiration! No matter what aspect of my life, my ultimate goal is to teach, inspire, motivate, learn, and to physically and mentally grow while doing it!