Name: Candice Perfect
Lives: Anchorage, Alaska
It’s All or Nothing
I am one of the most ambitious, dedicated, hardworking, reliable, go-getters you will ever meet. If I say I'm going to do something, I do it... and I do it right. I believe in putting your full effort into things, otherwise why waste your time? I am a lifelong Anchorage, Alaska resident but am moving to Los Angeles, California in July 2012.
Smart and Fit
I'm the first person in my family to graduate from college. I graduated from the University of Alaska Anchorage with various Honors: Magna Cum Laude (GPA was 3.87), Departmental Honors, Leadership Honors, Seawolf Leader Award, Phi Kappa Phi, and Pi Sigma Alpha. I also completed my Bachelor degree in 2.5 years. School and continuing education are very important to me. I am planning on applying to UCLA's Master's of Public Health Program for Fall 2013 entry.
Pursuing a Pro Card
I recently started competing in bodybuilding shows and absolutely love it! I am the type of person who always needs a challenge or goal to work towards, so training for shows is a great way for me to fulfill this need. I am an athlete for Team EDGE--a professional fitness team coached by Ingrid Romero and Joe DiScuillo. I took 4th place at the LA FitExpo/Iron Man Naturally Bodybuilding Championships, which was my first show ever! I most recently placed 2nd at Jon Lindsay's NPC Los Angeles Amateur Grand Prix! I will be competing next at Jon Lindsay's NPC USA Bodybuilding Championships in Las Vegas in July in pursuit of my IFBB Pro Card.
A Little More About Candice Perfect
1. Favorite thing about working out (why do you do it)?
- My favorite thing about working out is that it fulfills my need to constantly be in pursuit of a goal. For me, working out is not just working out; it has become a lifestyle. All my days are planned around my nutrition, my workouts, and my goals to make specific improvements to my physique. I love the fact that there are always improvements to be made...even when you might think you're at your best.
2. What or who got you started working out?
- One of my friends who had experience competing in bodybuilding shows introduced me to weight training. When I first began training it was with the intent of getting back into shape. I was involved in sports from a young age but had lost my athletic build after an arduous couple years of school, work, extracurricular activities, and making plans for graduate school. When I started working out, my body fat measured at 26%. I felt tired, lethargic, and unhappy with my physical appearance. After 5 months of intense training and a week before my first show, my body fat measured at 9%. I felt better, looked healthier, and discovered a new passion in the process.
3. Role models/influences to start working out seriously?
- I became serious about training for a bodybuilding competition after I began to see the changes in my body after the first couple months. I looked at so many pictures of IFBB pro competitors (both figure and bikini) and decided I wanted to compete at the pro level. I'm very competitive and knew that I was capable of pushing myself to achieve the results necessary in order to be a legitimate competitor. I would have to say that Jamie Eason, Nicole Wilkins, and Amanda Latona were my very first fitness inspirations.
4. Favorite meal when you are getting lean?
5oz. Chicken breast
1/2 of a Grapefruit
1/4 of an Avocado
5. Favorite cheat meal?
- Carne Asada Burrito and Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding!!!
6. What are your goals in the fitness industry? If you win the FLEX Bikini Model Search, what would that mean and what would you do with the title?
- My immediate goals in the fitness industry are to earn my IFBB Pro Card and make my pro debut before the end of 2012. Once I earn my Pro Card, I hope to qualify and compete at Olympia and the Arnold Classic. A couple of my longer term goals are to make a name for myself in the fitness industry as someone who is dedicated to helping people achieve their weight loss and fitness goals; I will be looking to build a clientele of people willing and motivated to make a healthy lifestyle change. I am moving in July 2012 from Anchorage, Alaska to Los Angeles, California to pursue opportunities in the fitness industry. I would also love the opportunity to become a spokesperson. Although I'm still new to the industry, I have been working on building my fan base and intend to own my own brand one day. If I win the FLEX Bikini Model Search, I know I will be much closer to achieving my goals. I would use my title as the 2012 FLEX Bikini Model as a platform to seek out and pursue every possible opportunity to become successful in the industry.