Name: Angelica Gonzalez
Height: 5' 2''
Lives: Tampa, FL
My life lacked goals and I was unhappy with the person I was becoming. I decided I wanted change and began researching online about fitness and eating clean.
The NPC Saved Me
I soon stumbled upon NPC and admired all of the competitor's bodies. I ended up deciding to sign up for my first show, doing so really fueled my determination and motivation to change. I earned 1st place at my first show and I did that all on my own, without a trainer, coach, nor nutritionist. I became hooked to the sport and I am now a Nationally qualified NPC bikini competitor will be going after my pro card this June.
A little more about Angelica:
1. Favorite thing about working out:It's time I get every day to just focus on myself and not worry about what else is going on in my life. Headphones in, world out. I also love that each workout I do is a step closer to my goals and that I can shape and mold my body to look however I want.
2. What or who got you started working out?The typical college girl lifestyle of going out all night, drinking, eating fast food, and rarely working out was catching up to me. I was unhappy with who I was becoming and knew I needed to change. I set out goals for myself and then began some research on weight training and eating clean. I'm now addicted to this fit life and I am the happiest I have ever been.
3. Who are your fitness role models?My older sister. She has been working out for many years and when I first started training she was the main person I went to for tips and advice. She competes in NPC Bikini as well and is going after her pro card this summer too!
4. What is your favorite meal to get lean?Ground bison, quinoa and veggies!
5. What's your favorite cheat meal?Pizza! I also have the worlds biggest sweet tooth so I love treating myself to frozen yogurt or ice cream with fruit.
6. What are your goals in the fitness industry?My goals are to keep improving my physique, turn pro, and grace the big stages. In doing so I will be able to inspire others to live this lifestyle, which is by far the most important aspect.
7. If you win the FLEX Bikini Model Search, what would that mean and what would you do with the title?Winning the FLEX Bikini model title would mean the world to me because I would be able to display to all women out there that lifting weights and working out will not make women look manly, instead it builds a great sexy lean physique, confidence, and happiness.
Angelica Gonzalez was one of two selected as the June 2013 Flex Bikini Model Search Winner, sponsored by BPI, and will compete at the FLEX Bikini Model Search Championships in Las Vegas during the Joe Weider’s Olympia Fitness and Performance Weekend on September 27 & 28 for the overall title.
Enter the Las Vegas Bikini Model Search http://mrolympia.com/flex-bikini-model-search