WORLD’S LEADING BIKINI CONTEST NAMES PANEL OF CELEBRITY JUDGES REPRESENTING ENTERTAINMENT, BODYBUILDING, AND THE FANS
Columbus, Ohio – February 9, 2012 – Rock Star Bikini Contest™, the world’s leading bikini contest, announced its celebrity panel of judges representing entertainment, bodybuilding, and for the first time, the fans.
Now in its second year, Rock Star Bikini Contest, founded by The Media Way LLC president Shonda Lewis, has drawn hundreds of competitors from across the world. The first winner was California’s Ingrid Romero, now a super model noted for workout and diet plans.
To help find this year’s winner, RockStar Bikini Contest founder Shonda Lewis has assembled a panel of judges from the worlds of bodybuilding and entertainment.
“Our panel of judges is awesome! I could not be more excited by the panel that we have assembled this year!” Shonda Lewis, founder and organizer of RockStar Bikini Contest™ “We are ready to have our best competition ever!”
Among this year’s panelists are:
- Shawn Ray – One of the world’s greatest bodybuilder for more than two decades and an inductee of the IFBB Hall of Fame. Among his accomplishments are the NPC Teen National Champion- 85', IFBB Jr. World Champion- 86', and IFBB Pro Ironman- 90'. Mr. Ray is now one of the industry’s leading promoters, writers, producer and ambassadors of the world of body building.
- Roger Lockridge is a well-known classic “hardgainer” success story, personal trainer and writer for Bodybuilding.com and Iron Man Magazine. In 2009, he was named Bodybuilding.com Male Writer of the Year. Roger has had over 150 articles published in his career. He’s also recognized for his past work with domestic violence and child abuse awareness, having been featured in the documentary “30”.
- Mona Muresan, born in Transylvania, began competing and quickly caught the attention of the judges as well as magazine editors, photographers, and newspapers. Her combination of Eastern European beauty, unique physique, and business savvy helped her to win the Garden State Championships in 2008, then went on to win the Jr Nationals in 2010. With her sights set on a pro card she took first at The Team Universe in 2010, and is now an IFBB Pro. She was named “babe of the month” by Muscular Development Magazine.
- Stacy Kessler is an American actress and host. After raising a family she resumed acting lessons, began performing in the theater and debuted in the off-Broadway hit “So the Ghosts Can Speak”. Most recently Stacy guest starred as the Millionairess in 3 episodes of Bravo's “Millionaire Matchmaker,” has recurring roles on Discovery’s “Personal Justice” and NBC's “Today Show” for Women’s topics. Films include “Midnight Girl”, “Movie Money” and “The Cost of Living”. She is featured in print advertisements and commercials for A&E, HSN, Mercedes Benz, Lancome, Warren Tri-Comi, Carol’s Daughter and is also involved with and has worked for the following charitable organizations: The Brooklyn Children’s Museum, The Nephcure Foundation, Cancer and R.A.I.I.N..
- Aaron Singerman is the Chief Media Officer for the leading bodybuilding, bikini, figure, and fitness contest coverage website in the world, RxMuscle.com. He co-hosts two of the bodybuilding industries most popular radio shows, Heavy Muscle Radio and ACCESS BODYBUILDING. Aaron also writes weekly Muscle Gossip, the most widely read column of its kind on the net.
- Rhett Ricart is CEO of Big Dog Productions and Ricart Properties.
- Tony Reynolds’ work has appeared in hundreds of nationally known media. He has earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Journalism/Public Relations from The Ohio State University. At the tender age of 21-years-old, he was deputy press secretary for the closest mayoral campaign in Columbus, Ohio history. Reynolds is media savvy and has written two books Buster’s Backyard Bar-B-Q, Knockout Diabetes Diet with former World Heavyweight Boxing Champion James “Buster” Douglas, and The Sarah Palin Rogue Revolution Taking America by Storm, which was officially endorsed by Sarah Palin Radio.
- Isaac Hind's passion for sports and fitness lead him to start his own female fitness website, HARDBODY.com. Hardbody.com has become a popular destination for women in the competitive world of fitness and the web site continues to expand to a larger audience. You can keep up with Isaac's weekly travels as he photographs the top fitness women in the world via twitter. http://www.twitter.com/hardbodynews & http://www.twitter.com/hardbodynews
- K. Snyder began his television writing career working for his cousin, Will Smith on the "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" set. Twenty plus years in Hollywood working in almost every creative discipline from Musician to TV Writer to Standup Comic and working closely with a who's who list that includes Quincy Jones, Will Smith, Keenan Ivory Wayans, and Oscar winner, Jamie Foxx to name a few have prepared him to add the director's hat to his established writing talents. Snyder worked on the pilot for the “Jamie Foxx Show” as well as head writer for Keenan Ivory Wayans. He was writer and script consultant for the Fox sitcom, “Between Brothers.”
- Zack Khan, editor-in-chief of Muscle and Fitness Hers, is an IFBB Pro Bodybuilder, sponsored by Nutrex and an IFBB Pro Figure Competitor.
- Robbie Durand is editor of Flex Magazine.
- Carlos Santana is a catcher for the Cleveland Indians.
This year, the RockStar Bikini Contest has brought in three judges that represent the fans. Media partner WBNS-AM/FM, the #1 sports station in Ohio, held an open “You Be The Judge” contest enabling listeners to win a chance to join the judging panel. The three winners from the overwhelming thousands of entries were Matt Ksiazk, Ben Jay and Brookelyn Sowers.
The judges will pick the twelve finalists and finally, the 2012 Rock Star Bikini™ Contest winner who will win a prize package worth more than $15,000 including cash; cover shoot for the national GNC’s Muscle & Body Magazine; professional photo shoot; lunch with former California governor, actor and bodybuilder great Arnold Schwarzenegger; and star in the Rock Star Bikini Calendar, with the remaining eleven finalists.
RockStarBikini.com was founded by The Media Way LLC CEO Shonda Lewis, former winner of the 2009 Arnold Sport Festival. Ms. Lewis, who worked hard over a two-year period to lose 56 pounds, decided to show off her new body at the 2009 Arnold Sport Festival and much to her surprise…won! Now in its second year, the Rock Star Bikini Contest continues to gain interest amongst competitors and fans, thanks to its celebration and commitment to health and fitness.
Media Contact: Peter Collins