Supplement Your Mass

The complete supplement program for adding major muscle
433 shared this


Advertisement

CREATINE

Made from the amino acids arginine, glycine and methionine, creatine is the proven thoroughbred of bodybuilding supplements. Hundreds of studies support its effectiveness, with reports of gains in strength of over 10% and gains in muscle over 10 pounds.

Mass Prescription: Take 2-5 g of creatine in the form of creatine monohydrate, creatine malate, creatine ethyl ester or creatine alpha-ketoglutarate within 30 minutes before workouts, and take another 2-5 g within 30 minutes after training.

UPPING THE ANTE

Once you’ve created a solid supplement foundation with whey, ZMA and creatine, it’s time to step up your supplement plan by progressively adding the following three supplements to supercharge the benefits of the first three.

CASEIN

Whey makes up just 20% of the protein in milk, while casein makes up the remaining 80%. The latter, however, has always been considered inferior to whey, which is mostly due to its slow rate of digestion. This factor makes it valuable as a pre-bedtime snack to prevent muscle breakdown during sleep, but casein has long been avoided by bodybuilders around workout time. However, that’s all changed, thanks to new research. Now we know that when it’s taken after workouts, casein boosts muscle protein synthesis similar to whey. Research even shows that when trained lifters replace some of the whey in their postworkout shake with casein, they gain significantly more muscle mass than those not adding casein to whey.

Mass Prescription: After workouts, supercharge your postworkout whey shake by replacing 10-20 g of whey with casein in the form of micellar casein, calcium caseinate, sodium caseinate or potassium caseinate.

*Strong Suit: Progressively add another 20- to 40-g dose of whey as soon as you wake in the morning.

Click NEXT PAGE to see the next mass-building supplements!

Pages

Topics: 

Comments

comments powered by Disqus