ALTERNATING DUMBBELL CURL
START Stand holding a pair of dumbbells at your sides with your arms extended toward the floor. Begin with your palms facing in and your knees slightly bent.
EXECUTION Keeping your elbow in at your side, curl one dumbbell up while simultaneously turning your palm up and out so that at the top of the rep it faces slightly outward. Squeeze your biceps for a count in this position, then slowly lower the dumbbell back to the start position. Repeat with the other arm, alternating back and forth.
MOREL SAYS “A lot of people go too heavy on this exercise and end up using the rest of the body to lift the weight up instead of just the biceps. I think a moderate weight that you can handle is better than trying to use 80-pound dumbbells.”
MOREL'S ARM WORKOUT
- Cable Pressdown | SETS: 4 | REPS: 20-30
- Seated EZ-Bar Overhead Extension | SETS: 4 | REPS: 15-20
- Cable EZ-Bar Reverse-Grip Pressdown | SETS: 4 | REPS: 20
- EZ-Bar Cable Curl | SETS: 4 | REPS: 20
- EZ-Bar Preacher Curl | SETS: 4 | REPS: 20
- Alternating Dumbbell Curl | SETS: 4 | REPS: 20
NOTE: Rest periods are 30 to 45 seconds between all sets. Morel increases the weight on every set for all exercises. On his last set or two of each exercise, he’s reaching complete muscle failure.
MOREL'S TRAINING SPLIT
- Sunday: Quads, hamstrings, calves
- Monday: Chest, triceps, biceps
- Tuesday: Back, shoulders
- Wednesday: Quads, hamstrings, calves
- Thursday: Chest, triceps, biceps
- Friday: Back, shoulders
- Saturday: Rest*
*Depending on his schedule, Morel sometimes trains legs on Saturday; if he does, Sunday becomes a rest day.