Your goal is simple: get freaking huge! But before you step in the gym and get after it, you need to arm yourself with the right routines. That’s where we come in. We’ve compiled workouts from some of the greatest bodybuilders to ever cinch up a weightlifting belt and answer the challenge of the iron. So put your game face on, turn up the volume on your favorite training tunes, and make 2017 your year for packing on wall-to-wall muscle.
ARMS: KEVIN LEVRONE
If there were a hall of fame for legendary body parts, more than a few of Levrone’s head-turning muscles would be assured a spot. His arms rank as some of the best the sport has ever seen. Though his biceps didn’t peak like Arnold’s and Ronnie’s, their fullness from deltoid to elbow rivals that of the very first Mr. Olympia, Larry Scott (and current Mr. O Phil Heath). His triceps, with ludicrous lateral heads, hung like Christmas hams from his shoulders. From shoulder to elbow, there was scarcely an inch of daylight in Levrone’s upper limbs and they were just as impressive hanging relaxed as they were when fully flexed.
THE WORKOUT: ARMS
- Close-grip bench press: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Lying extension: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Rope pushdown: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- One-arm dumbbell extension: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Barbell curl: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Seated dumbbell curl: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Cable curl: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Concentration curl: 4 sets of 6-8 reps