Lee Haney’s physique of the late ’80s marked a transition from the “lightweight era” of 1976-83 and the supersizing of the ’90s. Nowhere was this more evident than in his best bodypart, his back, with its distinctly modern medley of width, density and definition.
The eight-time Mr. Olympia’s low lats swelled out so far they overwhelmed challengers in even the front double biceps and front lat spread. Here's the workout that built Lee's legendary lats:
LEE HANEY'S BACK WORKOUT
- 1. T-bar rows: 4 sets 6-8 reps
- 2. Barbell rows: 4 sets 8-10 reps
- 3. Wide-grip pulldowns: 4 sets 10-12 reps
- 4. Chins: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- 5. Seated cable rows: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Train to get huge! See what Steve Kuclo does for size and strength.