Lee Haney’s physique of the late ’80s marked a transition from the “lightweight era” of 1976-83 and the supersizing of the ’90s. Nowhere was this more evident than in his best bodypart, his back, with its distinctly modern medley of width, density and definition.
The eight-time Mr. Olympia’s low lats swelled out so far they overwhelmed challengers in even the front double biceps and front lat spread. Here's the workout that built Lee's legendary lats:
LEE HANEY'S BACK WORKOUT
- T-Bar Rows | SETS: 4 | REPS: 6-8
- Barbell Rows | SETS: 4 | REPS: 8-10
- Wide-Grip Pulldowns | SETS: 4 | REPS: 10-12
- Chins | SETS: 3 | REPS: 6-8
- Seated Cable Rows | SETS: 3 | REPS: 8-10