Year after year, bodybuilding’s ultimate title was decided when those in the Olympia’s first callout unfurled their rear-lat spreads and locked in their rear double biceps. And as Phil “The Gift” Heath was rapidly rising through the ranks None of this was news to Heath. He heard “Yeah, but…” over and over again.
So the Gift went about putting in the work needed to join them in the physique pantheon. The transformation of Heath’s back from a weakness to a strength has been one of the most dramatic alterations in bodybuilding history. When he won his first Sandow in 2011, the contest was decided the moment he crunched in his rear double biceps and gasps filled the Orleans Arena.
Heath proved its never to late to grow a LEGENDARY BACK if you want it bad enough...
PHIL HEATH'S BACK WORKOUT
- 1. Front Pulldown: 3-4 sets 10-12 reps
- 2. Underhand barbell row: 3-4 sets 10-12 reps
- 3. High pully row: 3-4 sets 10-12 reps
- 4. T-bar row: 4 sets 12 reps
- 5. Seated cable row: 7 sets 10-12 reps*
- 6. Pulover: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- 7. Shrug: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- *“Sevens” (FST-7 technique), 7 sets with 20–30 sec. rest between sets.