You probably don’t need a reminder of Kai Greene’s bodybuilding accomplishments. The two-time Arnold Classic champ and 2012–13 Mr. Olympia runner-up currently resides in the upper echelon of physique athletes. What you may not be aware of is that he also ranks among the all-time strongest bodybuilders.Advertisement
Witnessing Greene’s workouts can be confounding, because he can make light resistance do the work of heavy metal. But he can rule that heavy metal, too. I watched a chest workout in August 2010 in which a 294-pound Greene bench-pressed (with a suicide grip) 495 for 4 reps and then incline-pressed 405 for 6. He’s also hoisted jaw-dropping poundages on back and leg days. But, like Ronnie Coleman, he always lifts for reps and always to stimulate growth, not boost power.
KAI GREENE'S CHEST WORKOUT
- 1. Bench press: 5 sets of 10-6 reps (495*)
- 2. Incline bench press: 3 sets of 10-6 reps (405*)
- 3. Dips: 3 sets of 15-8 reps with bodyweight
- 4. Dumbbel flys: 3 sets of 20-12 reps with 40, 50, 65lbs
- superset with ->
- 5. Cable crossovers: 3 sets of 20-10 reps 70-80lbs
- *Apex set of pyramid
Check back tomorrow for another workout from the 10 Strongest Bodybuilders!