The other day I got to the gym feeling extremely tired and lazy. I’m eating a ton trying to pack on the size (click here for Fouad's off-season meal plan) and it leaves me feeling tired and lazy more often then I’d like. So it was leg day and I thought, “man this is gonna be a tough one, I gotta dig deep or I’m gonna regret it.” Even though I wanted to dig deep I knew I didn’t have it in me to squat 500lbs that day. So instead of bitching out, I made some changes and went hard as I could. I know everyone’s had nights like this before so I had to share the workout below for the FLX fans. Give it a shot and tell me how your legs feel after (talk about it here)!
Fouad’s Dig Deep Leg Workout
- Lying Leg Curl - 6 Sets x 20, 15, 10, 8, 6, 6 (pyramid weight up)
- Leg Extension – 8 Sets x 20, 15, 12, 8, 8, 12, 15, 20 (pyramid weight up and then down)
- Machine Squat – 5 Sets x 15, 12, 10, 8, 6 (pyramid weight up, feet under you and close stance, toes pointed straight ahead, have to go low!)
- Leg Press – 5 Sets x 20 (increase weight until failing at 20)
- Walking Lunges – 200 Yards (only stop when you have to, stop as little as possible)
Ok Abiad’s Army! You have your instructions for this week now get out there and blast the shit out of that iron! Keep checkin back week after week for more of my insights on how to get HUGE!!!
Sacrifice Without Regret,
Fouad ‘Hoss’ Abiad
Check out Fouad on Facebook