Those numbers may seem dubious, but check out a YouTube video of him squatting 500 for 23 butt-to-ankles reps, shot in 1992, five years after he retired from bodybuilding. If you can believe your own eyes, you’ll know Tom Platz is the greatest high-rep squatter who ever stood in a power rack.
TOM PLATZ'S THIGH WORKOUT
- 1. Squats: 8-10 sets of 5-20 reps*
- 2. Hack squats: 5 sets of 10-15 reps
- 3. Leg extensions: 5-8 sets of 10-15 reps
- 4. Lying leg curls: 6-10 sets of 10-15 reps
- *Squats were performed deep and strict and pyramided to more than 600 pounds.