"Fitness has always been part of my life,” Liz Yisrael says. “I was a competitive gymnast when I was younger, and I was on the track and cheerleading teams in college. When I was in the Army after graduating from college, obviously I was active with military physical training, but I lifted weights on my own as well, ran some recreational races, and got into CrossFit and actually competed once.”
With a background like that, it makes perfect sense for Yisrael to make the transition from protecting her country to gracing the bikini stage, but the Iraq veteran made the decision to compete on a whim. “I entered a local show just like I entered races or the CrossFit competition and ended up winning the overall at my first show.”
Clearly, it’s paid off for her, because she’s won multiple shows both on the NPC and IFBB Pro League level. In 2017, she made her debut on the biggest stage of them all when she competed at the Olympia, finishing 11th. “Really, everything about the actual Olympia competition experience is like the best of everything from any other show—the best dressing rooms, the kinds of weights in the pump-up area, amazing stage lighting, a million photographers taking photos from every angle to capture every moment onstage, and plenty of time to pose.”
While she’s not sure of how many competitions she'll enter in 2018, she does know she’s going back to Vegas for the Olympia thanks to winning the 2017 Central USA Pro.
“I’d like to do a couple of larger shows early in the year, get some feedback from the judges, and then compete again shortly before the Olympia.”
- BIRTH DATE: June 14, 1984
- HEIGHT: 5'3"
- CONTEST WEIGHT: 110 lbs
- BIRTHPLACE: Spanaway, WA
- CAREER HIGHLIGHTS: 2017 Central USA Pro bikini, 1st; 2016 Arkansas Pro bikini, 1st; 2016 Europa Phoenix bikini, 1st; 2016 Team Universe bikini, class B, 3rd (earned pro card)
- INSTAGRAM: @liz.yisrael
YISRAEL’S LEG WORKOUT
- Stiff-Leg Deadlift | SETS: 3 | REPS: 10, 10, 10
- Seated Leg Curl | SETS: 4 | REPS: 15, 12, 10, 15
- Lying Leg Curl | SETS: 4 | REPS: 15, 12, 10, 15
- Leg Extension | SETS: 3 | REPS: 15, 12, 10
- Leg Press | SETS: 3 | REPS: 30, 30, 30
- Bulgarian Split Squat | SETS: 3 | REPS: 20, 20, 15
Rest 30 to 45 seconds between sets.