TARGET: Lower pecs.
DO IT: At the beginning of your chest workout or at the end. (See Bonus Tips.)
PERFORMANCE TIP: Lean forward to keep the stress on your chest.
TARGET: Overall chest.
DO IT: At the end of the workout to maximize the pump.
PERFORMANCE TIP: Visualize hitting a most- muscular pose and concentrate on squeezing the pecs.
RAHBAR’S TRAINING SPLIT
- DAY 1 | CHEST
- DAY 2 | BACK
- DAY 3 | SHOULDERS
- DAY 4 | ARMS
- DAY 5 | LEGS
- DAY 6 | REST OR CYCLE REPEATS
More training wisdom from the IFBB Pro League classic physique champ.
- “My chest training is very straightforward, very intense, but basic. I don’t do a ton of volume.”
- “Rather than stick with a certain number of sets and reps, I really train by feel nowadays.”
- “Sometimes I implement techniques like dropsets and forced reps, which can take the reps higher.”
- “I always start my chest workout with some mobility work for my shoulders as a warmup.”
- “I usually just do three exercises for chest. If I feel like doing more, I’ll do cable crossovers or dips to finish. I sometimes do them at the beginning of my chest workout as a warmup instead of at the end.”